ESDM Therapist Certification Program
- ESDM Therapist Certification Program
ESDM Therapist Certification Program:
The program aim to ensure that each trainee is adequately prepared for the rigorous requirements of completing the therapist certification program.
To provide the necessary support required of our trainees, we have created the following steps towards certification to include successful
completion of the ESDM Introductory and Advanced Workshop before applying for Therapist Certification.
We have written a detailed explanation of all the steps of this process and the needed time for completion in the ESDM Therapist
Certification Supervision Action Plan and ESDM Therapist Certification Program Overview on the website.
This Program Capacity is ONLY 10 Trainees.
Registration Deadline is the 18th of August 2019.
What is the Advanced Workshop?
Professionals who have completed the Introductory Workshop will learn how to carry out ongoing therapy using the ESDM.
Groups of 5 professionals will be placed together to receive hands-on practice with children with ASD.
They will also receive live supervision by implementing an ESDM intervention program.
Coaching and feedback will also be provided on how to generate and embed a developmentally-appropriate
teaching curriculum into naturalistic routines for young children with ASD.
The Advanced Workshop includes interactive sessions with children with ASD to equip professionals with
the information, skills, and resources necessary to correctly implement the ESDM within their organization.
Trainees will work daily with children with direct supervision from the Trainer. Trainees’ fidelity scores in
the ESDM will increase with each session, with the goal of fidelity reaching minimum fidelity by the end of
- Successful completion of the ESDM Introductory.
- Work regularly with 12-60-month-old children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Have educational degrees beyond a bachelor’s or the academic equivalent from your country of origin (e.g., MA, Ph.D., MFT, SLP, OT).
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team (e.g., general/special education teacher, developmental/clinical psychologist, SLP, OT, behavior analyst).
- Must independently supervise cases, make decisions about goals, and monitor child progress.
Although the goal is for trainees to use practice materials to reach fidelity:
- This has to be completed within the timeline stated in the certification action plan.
- All steps to the certification process should be completed within 8-14 months from the individual’s start date (date assigned to supervising Trainer).
In situations in which:
- Any materials are not turned in within the timeline
- If the individual does not complete certification steps within 14 months from the start date, or
- If the individual does not reach fidelity by the end of the training process, the training agreement has been executed, and the assigned trainer has completed all responsibilities to the trainee.
If the trainee does not achieve certification for one of the above reasons, several options exist:
- The trainee may sign up for and take the Advanced Workshop again
- and/or the trainee may purchase additional supervision time from their trainer (not included in your previous payment).
The program cost is 3500$ including:
- the ESDM Manual (English).
- ESDM curriculum checklist.
- ESDM Introductory & Advanced Training Workshops.
- Online Certification Supervision.
Upon Acceptance of your Registration:
- You'll be sent an email with the payment details
- Please note your seat will only be confirmed once we recieve the payment receipt
To get more information:
Please contact us using the following email:
This program affiliation(s)